Balkinization  

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

I'm shocked, I tell you, shocked

Sandy Levinson

The Times has just posted a story, Partisan Rifts Hinder Efforts to Improve U.S. Voting System. Who would believe it? (I see no reason to allow the statement of further opnions, since I assume that everyone is as shocked as I am to discover yet more evidence that Madison's vision of "virtuous" government is totally absent in the contemporary United States. With regard to those who are not shocked by Ethan Bronner's reportage, I have no patience for any argument that the two parties are equally culpable with regard to hindering the improvement of the U.S. voting system, unless one defines "improvement" as suppressing the vote of those deemed likely to be one's potential political opponents.)

Older Posts
Newer Posts
Home