Balkinization  

Tuesday, March 01, 2022

"Washington's Heir: The Life of Justice Bushrod Washington"

Gerard N. Magliocca

Today marks the release of my new book on Kindle. (The hard copies are coming any day now.) I have a couple of live book talks coming up in the Spring that I'll announce in due course.

My hope is that the book will change how scholars view the Marshall Court, though this is only one of many themes in Justice Washington's biography. There's plenty in here about George Washington, John Marshall, Joseph Story, Mount Vernon, slavery, Philadelphia and more. I'll also add that that this is the only book I've written that is sometimes hilarious, as I uncovered some great stories. (John Bingham, the subject of my other biography, was a great man but had no sense of humor at all.)


Comments:

Post a Comment

Older Posts
Newer Posts
Home