Balkinization  

Wednesday, June 25, 2003

JB

The Calling of a Prophet (Or is it Profit)?

Apparently it's not Karl Rove who is behind President Bush's policies, as explained in this article from Ha'aretz:

According to [Palestinian Prime Minister Mahmoud] Abbas . . . Bush said: "God told me to strike at al Qaida and I struck them, and then he instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did, and now I am determined to solve the problem in the Middle East. If you help me I will act, and if not, the elections will come and I will have to focus on them."

I for one am particularly glad to learn that George W. Bush has been acting on direct orders from Almighty God. If he had been relying on his own intelligence, I would be deeply worried that he was running the country into the ground.


Of course, it is always possible that God is hardening Bush's heart, as he did with Pharaoh.

Nah, wouldn't happen.


We all know he's a compassionate conservative. There's no chance that Bush could be hard hearted.


(But if you see any frogs or locusts, please let me know as soon as possible.)



Comments:

Post a Comment

Older Posts
Newer Posts
Home